Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Missing Margarita

My last margarita was October 20, 2006. I am not "recovering," just doing what's supposedly best for my family. You see, October 20, 2006, was the day my husband and I decided the world would be better off with mini clones of ourselves roaming around and we got pregnant 15 minutes later. In the five and a half years since, I have either been pregnant, breastfeeding or too tired to squeeze a lime and the results are terrifying. Moms need margaritas... They just make everything happier, smoother and clearer, but for some strange reason they are frowned upon during this stage of our lives. So these are my sober mommy mishaps and the reasons why I long to be "wasting away in Margaritaville.".

Cheers to motherhood! Double cheers to doing it sans tropical liquid bliss!! And triple cheers to when I can have my next margarita, which will make it all ok.

Oh and by the way... February 22nd is National Margarita Day, so think of me with each salty sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a mom without a margarita or a dad without World of Warcraft? Feel free to share with us.