Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Smell in the Vacuum

Back in the early days of going solo, without a margarita, good decisions were hard to come by. Consequences of my actions weren't always apparent.

For example: About two years ago my son zombied into our bedroom complaining he didn't feel well. Before I could grab my glasses from the bedside table, throw up was projecting across the room. My husband managed to calm him, change his pajamas and get him settled back down, which left me to attempt to rectify the situation on the carpet.

While attempting to not gag, I picked up the major chunks. I then used carpet cleaner to eliminate any salmon colored stains. Despite my best 3 AM efforts, there were still small chunks burrowed in the fibers. Finally, I threw a hail Mary and grabbed the vacuum.

In hindsight I can see where I went wrong... I reached for the vacuum instead of a margarita and now every time I use it, the aroma of that night's events come back to haunt me.

FOR SALE: Slightly used vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a mom without a margarita or a dad without World of Warcraft? Feel free to share with us.