Friday, May 18, 2012

Mom's Crack

So I realize it has been a little while since I noted a margarita moment... It's not that there haven't been any, it's just that the ones I have had left me too tired to recreate them here. That is until today...

Today, my 4 year old was watching Dinosaur Train and asked me if real babies come from eggs like dinosaurs. I told him no they come from mommies' tummies.

Then he wondered how the babies came out. A year ago, when his sister was born, he wondered the same thing. I told him Mom went to the hospital, grunted and the baby came out.

"Oh, like poop," he said.

"Yes," I replied.

He then asked if we could make a fort out of boxes.

So I tried that answer again with what I thought was a pretty life-like grunt. But this time he didn't fleet away like a dog who just spotted a squirrel.

"So is there a hole it comes out of?" he asked.

Uh-oh! "Yes," I answered honestly.

"Where?" he asked.

Squirrel. Squirrel. Squirrel! "Down by your pee pee," I tried to explain. "But only girls' pee pees," I added to try to eliminate him doing a self examination.

"Doesn't that make a big crack?" He continued to process.

Horrified I answered, "Yes."

Then it happened. The Mother of all margarita moments... "Can I see your crack, Mom?"

"No. Is that a squirrel?"

"What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a mom without a margarita or a dad without World of Warcraft? Feel free to share with us.