Thursday, March 8, 2012

Do cream and sugar go in a margarita?

Tell me this... Is it proper to have a margarita for breakfast? It's been so long I don't remember the etiquette. Well, if it's ok then this morning would have been the morning.

I was awoken at 6:14 AM to Everett yelling, "I hate you! I hate you, Karcher!"

Then I heard the culprit, Karcher, whack his brother with his baby sister's plastic toy chains.

"I hate you!" Everett cried.

Then Dad entered the situation (I remained hidden in my bed). "Karcher, do you need to go potty? Let's change your training pants."

"No!" Karcher yelled. "Mom do it!" Then there was the thudding of footsteps coming down the hall. I knew my hideout was on the verge of discovery.

Two seconds later a grumpy little face appeared two inches in front of mine. "Mom, I go potty," it demanded. In the background, the baby began to cry.

Good morning. Here we go, again.

2 comments:

  1. Mornings are so fun. Right now my day starts way too early so I am pretty excited for daylight savings time to get here. That way it will be at least 6:00 AM before I have to get out of bed. Assuming my kids keep their same schedule, which I am counting on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing Shiva Mom ShannaMarch 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

    My morning DID started with a shower, but that was at 2am. So does it count? I then took a "nap" for 4 hours and got up. I pulled on some clothes (we will call it an "outfit" just to humor me) and drove the kids to school. Without thinking, I got into the wrong carpool lane. So to cover up my mistake, I just parked and decided to take advantage of the situation. I run into the school and took care of a few things. Ten minutes later I was back in my car, feeling like a multitasking goddess, when I noticed my reflection in the rear-view mirror. It was not the reflection of a goddess staring back at me. Instead, a hideous gorgon! No make up. A nasty zit on my chin. A shiny nose. Frizzy hair stuck up into a dory bun with strands wildly sticking out all over. Bloodshot eyes with sleeper boogers in the corners and smudged with yesterday's mascara. And white gunk in the corner of my lips. No wonder no one in the school dared look me in the eye. They feared I would turn them to stone.

    ReplyDelete

Are you a mom without a margarita or a dad without World of Warcraft? Feel free to share with us.