Friday, March 23, 2012

The Margarita Bank

It seems like every time I feel like having a mommy meltdown a fellow mommy tells me her story and makes me put things in perspective.

My four year old, two year old and eleven month old have a long ways to go until I can use the word civilized to describe them, but every day we get one step closer... At least that's what I tell myself.

Their problems are straight forward: needing milk now, calling people names, using inappropriate words and beating the crud out of each other. Here's some milk and be nice covers a lot of it.

Milk and just being nice won't fly when they are teenagers with more complex problems. They will hate me, be selfish, experiment with who knows what and hang out with some scum. And knowing this I would like to introduce the Margarita Bank.

I am going to make a deposit now for each time I have an unconsumed Margarita Moment. Then I can make withdraws during those dark and dreadful teenage years.

I am hoping the interest rate is really good in this Margarita Bank because I hear those teenage years are sure to suck my account dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a mom without a margarita or a dad without World of Warcraft? Feel free to share with us.